Posts for category: Dermatological Procedure
Would you like to try Botox, but aren't sure if it's a good choice for you? Chattanooga, TN, periodontists Dr. Charles Felts and Dr. Elizabeth Randall of Chattanooga Periodontics & Dental Implants explain what criteria is used to determine if you're a good candidate and discuss the benefits of Botox treatment.
Can I benefit from Botox?
You may be a good candidate for Botox if:
- You are 18 or older.
- You are in good health and have no skin infections.
- You aren't pregnant or nursing a child.
- You understand that the effects of Botox injections are temporary, and realize that you'll have to undergo follow-up treatments to maintain your results.
How can Botox help me?
Botox injections temporarily block nerve impulses to the muscles you use to make facial expressions. When the muscles no longer contract, wrinkles in the skin on top of them become smoother. The injections are often used to:
- Eliminate Vertical Lines Between the Eyes: When you concentrate intently or squint into the sun, vertical lines appear between your eyes. After years of making the expressions, the lines don't go away when you change your expression. Injecting Botox into the muscles relaxes the vertical lines.
- Forehead Furrows: Vertical lines are often accompanied by wrinkles that extend the width of your forehead. Botox injections are equally effective at smoothing those horizontal lines.
- Crow's Feet: Do you have multiple lines radiating from the corners of your eyes? Botox treatment in our Chattanooga office can make your crow's feet much less noticeable.
Would you like to look younger and more energetic? Botox injections offer a simple, non-surgical method to reduce common signs of aging. If you would like to find out if you're a good candidate for Botox, schedule an appointment with Chattanooga, TN, periodontists Dr. Charles Felts and Dr. Elizabeth Randall of Chattanooga Periodontics & Dental Implants by calling (423) 756-2450.