Posts for tag: Botox
One small change to your facial appearance can make a very notable difference in the way you look. This is why for years patients have gone to the dentist for cosmetic dentistry treatments to upgrade their smiles. Now, some dentists also offer additional “smile esthetic” treatments including Botox. The team at Chattanooga Periodontics & Dental Implants in Chattanooga, TN offers Botox to patients who want a more youthful look.
How this Treatment Can Help You
Botox has been helping patients with have aging skin for decades. It is a series of injections of a substance called botulinum toxin type A that calms the muscles in the face that cause wrinkles. In a way, it produces the appearance of a facelift without the need for surgical incisions. Botox can help you by smoothing out these common facial concerns:
- Deep wrinkles in the forehead (sometimes called expression lines).
- Crow’s feet around the eyes.
- Laugh lines around the mouth.
Your Botox Appointment
Relax knowing that you won’t have to spend much time at your Chattanooga, TN periodontist’s office for a Botox treatment. The procedure usually only lasts a few minutes. A topical anesthetic may be used to ensure your maximum comfort during the appointment. Your periodontist will carefully administer injections at the sites of concern. Results will start to show in about a week, and you can visit the office every three to six months for additional sessions.
Ask Your Periodontist About Botox
Having younger looking skin is just as desired as having a pretty smile. Now you can get both when you see Dr. Charles Felts or Dr. Elizabeth Randall at Chattanooga Periodontics & Dental Implants in Chattanooga, TN. Call (423) 756-2450 today to find out if Botox is right for you.
Would you like to try Botox, but aren't sure if it's a good choice for you? Chattanooga, TN, periodontists Dr. Charles Felts and Dr. Elizabeth Randall of Chattanooga Periodontics & Dental Implants explain what criteria is used to determine if you're a good candidate and discuss the benefits of Botox treatment.
Can I benefit from Botox?
You may be a good candidate for Botox if:
- You are 18 or older.
- You are in good health and have no skin infections.
- You aren't pregnant or nursing a child.
- You understand that the effects of Botox injections are temporary, and realize that you'll have to undergo follow-up treatments to maintain your results.
How can Botox help me?
Botox injections temporarily block nerve impulses to the muscles you use to make facial expressions. When the muscles no longer contract, wrinkles in the skin on top of them become smoother. The injections are often used to:
- Eliminate Vertical Lines Between the Eyes: When you concentrate intently or squint into the sun, vertical lines appear between your eyes. After years of making the expressions, the lines don't go away when you change your expression. Injecting Botox into the muscles relaxes the vertical lines.
- Forehead Furrows: Vertical lines are often accompanied by wrinkles that extend the width of your forehead. Botox injections are equally effective at smoothing those horizontal lines.
- Crow's Feet: Do you have multiple lines radiating from the corners of your eyes? Botox treatment in our Chattanooga office can make your crow's feet much less noticeable.
Would you like to look younger and more energetic? Botox injections offer a simple, non-surgical method to reduce common signs of aging. If you would like to find out if you're a good candidate for Botox, schedule an appointment with Chattanooga, TN, periodontists Dr. Charles Felts and Dr. Elizabeth Randall of Chattanooga Periodontics & Dental Implants by calling (423) 756-2450.