The secret to dental implant success is that implants are artificial tooth roots surgically placed in the jawbone. Substitute tooth roots are the longest-lasting option for replacing missing teeth. Your implant-supported crowns, bridge, or denture will look and feel natural. Chattanooga Periodontics & Dental Implants provides high-quality dental implants in a friendly, professional environment where your comfort is our priority.
What Are the Benefits of Replacing Tooth Roots with Implants?
Replacing tooth roots with dental implants produces results that other options cannot compete with for appearance, quality, or function. A single implant mimics a natural tooth’s structure from the root to the crown. Two or more implants can anchor a dental bridge and preserve healthy adjacent teeth. Instead of a complete removable denture, two to six implants can stabilize an entire arch of teeth.
Three benefits of implants include:
Unmatched Stability and Strength
Implants have unmatched stability and strength because your jawbone adheres to the cylinder-shaped artificial roots within three to four months. When the healing period ends, you can experience these benefits:
- Enjoy fixed replacement teeth that will not require adhesives or uncomfortable clasps to stay in place
- Have teeth strong enough to chew your favorite foods
- Speak without a denture clicking when you talk, or floating when you eat
- Pronounce words easily without slurred or unclear speech
- Keep your dental implants for decades—even a lifetime
- Your implant-supported crowns, bridge, or denture will last longer than removable options that lack stable support
Dental implants are so comfortable that you may forget you have them. The results will feel natural, but you will notice these advantages over other treatment options:
- They are not irritating like a partial denture that clips onto adjacent teeth and hurts your gums.
- Your denture will feel more natural and not rub on your gums or jawbone and make it sore.
- Your confidence in the stability and appearance of your smile can help you relax while you socialize and smile naturally.
Better Oral Health
Implants are healthier for your bone, adjacent teeth, and mouth for these reasons:
- Implants replace the function of tooth roots by stimulating the bone and preventing shrinkage. You can maintain your facial structure and avoid premature aging from wrinkles around your mouth or collapsed cheeks, which occur as the jawbone shrinks.
- Unlike a dental bridge, your dentist will not need to shave down any natural teeth to support implants.
- Implants do not rely on adjacent teeth for support and will not weaken them.
- You do not need special techniques to clean dental implants. Care for them just like natural teeth—brushing twice daily and flossing daily.
Request a Dental Implants Consultation
Dr. Charles Felts III and Dr. Elizabeth Felts Randall are experienced periodontists and Diplomates of the American Board of Periodontology. They adhere to a dental implant process that protects your health and ensures your safety and comfort throughout treatment. If you are interested in dental implants, we welcome you to call us at Chattanooga Periodontics & Dental Implants or complete our online form to request a consultation.