Most people are diligent with their physician’s annual appointments, but unfortunately there are plenty of people who feel their dental health should take a back seat. There is a valid reason why you should at least see your dentist every six months in Chattanooga, Tennessee:
Preventive dentistry can help you to avoid some common and easily solved dental problems, saving you time, money, and even pain.
Problems Prevented by Visiting the Dentist
While visiting a dentist like Dr Charles Felts III will not necessarily keep every tooth problem at bay, a regular checkup can help lower your risk for the following:
- Cavities: Dr Felts III and our friendly staff can regularly inspect your mouth with each visit, checking for tooth sensitivity and any erosion that could lead to cavities. A quick look-over and a little bit of touchup work could save you from needing a more invasive procedure later.
- Toothaches: There are a few different reasons why a tooth may start to cause pain, but our staff can head off the problem before you even know it is there with a routine inspection.
- Gum Disease: Unless you receive treatment quickly, gum disease – also known as periodontitis – can worsen, leading to problems such as receding gums, sensitive teeth, and tooth loss. We can clean your teeth and treat the gum disease before it becomes problematic.
- Oral Cancer: Our staff can screen you for signs of oral cancer – which is more treatable the earlier it is identified.
Proper Care for Teeth at Home
You do not have to wait for your visit to dentist, Dr Felts III in Chattanooga, Tennessee to practice preventive oral care. You can take an active part in preventing these problems through good oral hygiene:
- Brush your teeth twice a day and after each meal. Be sure to brush the front, top, and back of each tooth.
- Floss your teeth daily to prevent the buildup of bacteria between teeth.
- Schedule a visit with your dentist for emergencies.
Schedule a Dental Checkup Today
If it has been more than six months since your last dental checkup, contact Chattanooga Periodontics & Dental Implants, P.C. today to schedule a visit with Dr Felts III.